Innovations in health care
Health care is rich in evidence-based innovations, yet even when such innovations are implemented successfully in one location, they often disseminate slowly—if at all. Diffusion of innovations is a major challenge in all industries including health care.
- Diffusion of innovations is a major challenge
- the perceptions of the innovation,
- the characteristics of the individuals who may adopt the change,
- and contextual and managerial factors within the organization.
- find sound innovations,
- find and support "innovators,"
- invest in "early adopters,"
- make early adopter activity observable,
- trust and enable reinvention,
- create slack for change,
- and lead by example.