The Biodiesel US Co-op Guide
- How about cellulose based biodiesel?
- How to get fair access to the market?
- How can smaller energy companies compete?
- Is this a road to a greener energy future?
- How about the EU target of 20 % of renewable energy 2020?
The diesel engine was supposed to run with peanut oil. Biofuel production is stepping up in
In other to produce enough crops, there is a need to expand the amount of land to produce biofuel. Will there be enough space to produce food? The critics say, "The problem of hunger can increase."
To produce one litre of biofuel you need to use four litre of water. The amount of oil that is needed to harvest and to deliver the sugar cane has also to be considered.
There is a social and environmental downside to this new energy source. "For example, the quantity of grains required to fill the tank of a pick-up truck could feed a person for a year."
- More land is needed to grow the crops
Forestland in the Amazon region
- Impacts on the workers in the sugar fields
- Genetically modified food is promoted as a source of biofuel
- The solution for global warming?