Improve Your Blog with Networking

Improve Your Blog with Networking: "In Answer to My question - ‘What did You Do On Your Blog in 2007 that Improved it the most’ - David Peralty from xfep.com answered: The answer to your question boils down to one word: networking.

Helge: I need to think about how to improve. A year ago, I considered myself an amateur. Things have changed during 2007, but I've some miles to go before I feel being a professional. I write in three languages: Finnish, English and Swedish. That's a challenge.

Who is behind Problogger?

My name is Darren Rowse and I’m a full time Blogger making a living from this new and dynamic medium from blogs like Digital Photography School.

Back in 2002 I stumbled upon an article about ‘Blogging’. I didn’t know it at the time but that moment changed my life. Since then I've become a full time blogger and have blogged on over 20 blogs and co-founded the b5media blog network.

Read more at my about page


With everything else I have done in my blogging, networking is really the only thing that has really given my blogs a huge push in 2007. Talking to people from different backgrounds, connecting with them and learning from them. It is really amazing what kind of effect it can have on your productivity, as well as traffic, resources, and even monetization, all from making a few friends.

Helge: Twitter, Jaiku, Facebook and my blogs statistics have helped me. The channel strategy of 2007 was a clever strategic move.

Without developing my networking abilities, I probably wouldn’t be a full time blogger anymore, and I can’t stress enough the importance of connecting with your peers.

Helge: I agree. My blogs were diaries for myself.

I have met all kinds of great people this year, especially in the second half, where my future in blogging was uncertain. Because of my efforts in reaching my hands out, everything else has quickly continued to fall into place. So once again, I highly recommend bloggers of all skill and expertise spend time refining their abilities in networking."

Helge: What is the future of blogging?


Post a Comment

Popular Posts

The Arctic Circle Design Forum

Digital Storytelling

Mexico open for business

Continued Stable Profit Development for Raute