Working with a structured approach to open innovation, co-creation, and global collaboration.
- Industrial products, innovations, and services are always created in subcultures. Market Penetration is followed by Dedicated and finally we move towards Saturation.
- Social media can be used to socialize or adapt a product to a new culture, national market or subculture.
- Social engineering can be used to understand the differences of product development subculture and the new environment where we want to adapt it.
- If we don't socialize and adapt our product or service to the new market, culture or environment, the not invented here (NIH) is a valid and understandable reaction.
- Service Design is a useful tool for personalization of a product + service promise to a new culture, country, user / market segment.
- Open Innovation is a practical way of producer - consumer - client service improvement. If we don't do the "prosumer adaption" we should expect product rejection comparable to hearth transplant rejection.
- Open source software development takes us to a new product adaption layer. Programming is very complex in a closed environment and "open development" leads to even bigger challenges.
- Personalization is needed for industrial processes and consumer gadgets. It's the core of customer orientation, but we tend to think that customers should adapt our needs.
- Social media and many to many networking is effective only if we have a clear and structured strategy. If not, SoMe leads to an endless loop of discussions that don't take us anywhere. Worst case of social media is talking into eternity.
- Ethernet is a starting point for data collection in a "thing links" environment where we need clear goals or are alternatively drowned into a stormy sea of data that can't be interpreted.
- Values and gaols are important tools in information society solution developments. We need them to control where we are, and where we are heading.
- Social media isn't an endless talking mechanism. It can be transformed into a structure productivity tool for all kinds of organizations.