Hecktic Travel Blogging Seminar in Kajaani

blogseminar

PICTURE: Dalene & Pete Heck, Hecktic Travels, Canada (12.2.2013)

KAJAANI | I’ve been blogging for years, but it was my first ever Blogging Seminar at Bio Rex February 12, 2013.

The Canadian couple Dalene & Pete Heck are travelling around the world, blogging and teaching people to blog.

- We sold everything in 2009 to travel the world, said Darlene Heck.

They sold their house and car, gave their pets awat, started a new lifestyle, and hit the road four years ago.

They finance their nomadic life with income from sponsors and very systematic blogging about the destinations they are visiting and also by lecturing about “how to become a better blogger”.

Dalene & Pete Heck are also publishing books about travel and blogging.

My blogging is not as intensive and goal oriented. I write stuff, publish it but don’t mind so much about how to attract more readers.

I use the same platforms and techniques, but my effort to make money with blogging only is less professional. My income comes from consulting and problem solving, my blogging is more about maintaining a diary about my activities when I study a problem or crowd source for new information.

It was nice to learn that there is always space for improvement.

I might differ from North-American bloggers while I write in Finnish, English and Swedish. My audience is smaller. My blogs are about bioenergy, energy, biotech, sawmills, forest industry, technical and social innovations, something about process automation.

Travel, Fashion, Food, and Celebrities do have a much broader readership base. I need to rethink my blogging strategy.

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

The Arctic Circle Design Forum

Digital Storytelling

Mexico open for business

Continued Stable Profit Development for Raute